Saturday, May 31, 2008

FREE RICE!

FREE RICE!
I was told about this website when I was doing the famine with mudpies and queenie. Its a great website, that when you get a words definition right, UN (United nation) will donate 20 grains of rice to the poor people wherever they go. I got 500 grains of rice donated by my efforts, and maybe you could try to. If everyone tryed and hgad 100 donated, which is easy, as you only need to get 5 words right, heaps of rice could be donated. It would also be a good thing for our word study definitions!

1 word: 20 grains 5 words: 100 grains
Here is the website: http://www.freerice.com/

5 comments:

HamilTRON said...

Yes Rosiegal!!!
I saw some boys doing it not long ago.
I think I should try it.
I like donating things for free!!!
How was the famine?
What sort of famine did you do?

HamilTRON said...

I donated in the space of 15 minutes:
2880 grains of rice.
Hope it goes somewhere where it is really needed!!!

HamilTRON

rosiegal said...

THanks very much Haniltron! I did 20 hrs no food, which was very challenging, but it went ot a great cause!

IM A ROOM5IAN said...

I did 1020... cool post!

Miss Piggy said...

That is such a cool website!! I just went on now and got addicted to that website, I kept saying to myself, 'I know this question, I'll just do one more!'
In the end I donated 1600 grains of rice, some of the questions were hard, but at least it went towards a good cause!